State: Northern California
Address 1: Warner Mountains
Number of Sites: 3
Full Hook: Yes
Season: Generally May – October
* RV and tent units
* Picnic tables and fire pits at each site
* Vault toilets
* 21 day stay limit
* Potable Water is not available
* Road Conditions are good
Local Attractions and Activities:
* Fishing: Is not permitted in Lassen Creek
* Watchable Wildlife: Take a quick trip to the Dismal Swamp and you may get a chance to view elk, other wildlife, or bird watch.
* Historic Markers: Historic markers are located along highway 395 and at Fandango Pass.
* Modoc Back Country Trail: Cave and Lily Lake are discovery points for the Modoc Back Country Trail which consists of over 200 miles of roads designed (Modoc NF Segment) for touring with your family in your Sports Utility Vehicle.
* Rock Collecting: Located in the Historic Highgrade Mining District numerous abandon mines are located in the area. Please stay out as old mines are dangerous. Obsidian collecting areas are not far away. Permits for personal use collecting can be obtained from the Davis Creek Store, or the Forest Services Offices in Alturas and Cedarville. Commercial permits must be obtained from the Warner Mountain Ranger District Office.
* Lakes: Goose, Cave, and Lily Lakes are a nice drive. Cave and Lily Lakes are best visited using high clearance vehicles.
Webmasters note: This campground is nothing but flat ground next to a creek with an outhouse and rock fire rings. However, it is very spacious and would be a good place to rally 5 or 6 trucks to each of the 4 spots described by the FS website. I imagine the area gets pretty crowded during hunting season so plan accordingly.